PMVA Training Courses in Brighton
Distinction Classrooms’ industry experts deliver cost effective and tailor-made PMVA training courses in Brighton to staff members who work in environments that have the potential to become violent or aggressive.
About Our PMVA Training Courses in Brighton
PMVA, also known as Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression training involves the process of educating delegates on how to skilfully manage violent and aggressive behaviours. Our trainers will demonstrate methods of conflict management, identification of the signs of violence, and being more aware of aggressive settings.
Available PMVA Training Courses Brighton
What Are the PMVA Training Course Objectives?
Here at Distinction Classroom, we work with a wide range of delegates from many different industries. The PMVA Training in Brighton course objectives are as follows:
- Understand their legal responsibilities
- Understand reasonable and proportionate force
- Understand ethical considerations of physical intervention
- Identify possible causes of violence and aggression
- Know the stages of the assault cycle
- Be able to identify signs of aggression
- Understand a variety of de-scalation techniques
- Recognise the importance of early intervention
- Understand the importance of continual assessment and evaluation
- Breakaway techniques
Secure Your Place on a PMVA Training Course in Brighton Today
If you have any special training requirements, we can tailor our sessions to suit the needs of individuals or organisations, ensuring complete flexibility for those working a busy schedule.
Book your PMVA Training Course in Brighton by following the below steps:
- Choose your preferred date, location, and time.
- Once completing the transaction, you will be sent a confirmation email with the details of your training course.
Frequently Asked Questions about PMVA Training
PMVA – which stands for Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression – is an NHS Protect certified course in conflict resolution and physical
intervention. The course is a mandatory requirement for any staff member who works in a violent or aggressive environment.
PMVA training is a mandatory requirement for any staff member that works in
a violent or aggressive environment, especially those within a mental health environment.
The PMVA courses have been developed in line with the General Services
Association (GSA) standards and are aligned with the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD).