Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression
PMVA Breakaway Training Course
Our breakaway training will offer your workforce the physical skills they require to break away from an aggressor, (if the need arises) in the most appropriate manner and without the need for restraint. This training will demonstrate how your workforce are able to protect themselves against any aggressor, when positive behaviour support is no longer an option.
This course has been developed in line with the GSA (General Services Association) standards and has been aligned to British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD).
It is essential that all delegates are medically fit to partake in this course due to the physical activities that they will undertake.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who is at risk of physical assault in the workplace.
- Appropriate Legislation.
- Avoid and/or defend against attacks (kicks / punches).
- Breakaway Techniques, such as Wrist, body, hair, clothing grabs and strangulation.
- Challenging behaviour.
- Defensive body positioning.
- Reasonable and proportionate Force.
- Verbal De-Escalation and communication skills.
- Warning and danger signs.
This Course can be tailored to the needs of your organisation.